Visiting Manhattan Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Manhattan Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Venice Beach, Sony Pictures Studios, and Santa Monica Pier.
- You'll find 2643 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Manhattan Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Polliwog Park and Cabrillo Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Manhattan Beach Pier to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Manhattan Beach. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Shade Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- The Belamar - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Manhattan Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Venice Beach, located 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the city center, and Sony Pictures Studios, which is 9 mi (14.5 km) away.
Dressing for Manhattan Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 65°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- About 12.09 inches of rain falls on Manhattan Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 49°F