Visiting Hermosa Beach
Travelers to Hermosa Beach give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its bars and sporting events. Venice Beach, Sony Pictures Studios, and Santa Monica Pier are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2709 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal), 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hermosa Beach
A couple of favorite places to visit are Comedy and Magic Club and Hermosa Beach Pier. Additionally, in the area you'll find Venice Beach and Sony Pictures Studios.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hermosa Beach. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Beach House Hotel at Hermosa Beach - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, Hermosa Beach - Our customers like the quiet location and room size at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hermosa Beach - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Santa Monica Pier, located 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center, and RMS Queen Mary, which is 14.2 mi/22.9 km away.
Dressing for Hermosa Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 48°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 48°F
- Hermosa Beach gets about 12.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 75°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 49°F