Visiting North Bergen
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Bergen, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, cafés, and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Central Park, American Lyric Theater, and Barney's.
- You'll find 287 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jersey City
- The closest major airport is in Teterboro, NJ (TEB), 4.8 mi (7.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Bergen
A favorite place to visit in the city is North Bergen Public Library. In the area, you'll also find Central Park and American Lyric Theater.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in North Bergen. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Premier NYC Gateway Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall condition and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott North Bergen - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Holiday Inn Express North Bergen Lincoln Tunnel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to public transit.
Popular places to see in the area include Barney's, located 3.2 mi (5.1 km) from the city center, and Broadway, which is 3.2 mi/5.2 km away.
Getting Around North Bergen
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from North Bergen Tonnelle Avenue Station. North Bergen might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for North Bergen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Average annual rainfall for North Bergen is 49.96 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F