Visiting Winston - Salem
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Winston - Salem, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, shopping, and college vibe. This city also attracts tourists with its art, museums, and forests. Top sights in the city include BB&T Ballpark, Old Salem, and Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- There are 102 hotels and other accommodations in Winston - Salem
- The closest major airport is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 17.1 mi (27.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Winston - Salem
The city is well known for its art and museums, and cultural venues include Old Salem, SciWorks, and Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the forests and such places to visit as Reynolda Gardens and Tanglewood Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Hanes Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Winston - Salem, you'll find 102 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Augustus T. Zevely Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Kimpton Cardinal Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Winston-Salem/University Area, NC - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and convenient parking.
Other top sights in Winston - Salem include BB&T Ballpark and Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum. In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Greensboro Science Center, located 23.1 mi (37.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Greensboro Coliseum, which is 23.5 mi/37.9 km away.
Dressing for Winston - Salem
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 30°F
- Winston - Salem gets about 46.90 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 32°F