Visiting Shelter Island Heights
Visitors to Shelter Island Heights are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's opera houses, golf courses, and entertainment choices.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodations in Shelter Island Heights
- The closest major airport is in East Hampton, NY (HTO), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 20.5 mi (32.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shelter Island Heights
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Sunset Beach, Crescent Beach, and Menhadden Lane Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sylvester Manor and Shelter Island Whale's Tail.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 15 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Shelter Island Heights. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- SEVEN - Shelter Island Guest House - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Chequit Inn - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Shelter Island House - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Dressing for Shelter Island Heights
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 22°F at night
- About 51.10 inches of rain falls on Shelter Island Heights each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°F