Visitors to Allendale are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants, beaches, and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include John Ball Zoo, Gerald R. Ford Museum, and Public Museum of Grand Rapids.
- You'll find 92 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Grand Rapids
- The closest major airport is in Muskegon, MI (MKG-Muskegon County), 19.9 mi (32 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 21.6 mi (34.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Allendale
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Grand Valley State University is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add The Meadows to your agenda.
Below is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sleep Inn And Suites Allendale - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Top places to visit around the area include John Ball Zoo, 12.1 mi/19.5 km from the heart of the city, and Gerald R. Ford Museum, which is 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away.
Dressing for Allendale
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Allendale gets about 36.73 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F