Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Walker, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and local tours. Top sights around the area include John Ball Zoo, Gerald R. Ford Museum, and Public Museum of Grand Rapids.
- You'll find 92 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Grand Rapids
- The closest major airport is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Muskegon, MI (MKG-Muskegon County), 26.1 mi (42 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Walker
Favorite places to visit in the city include Walker Ice and Fitness Center, Jester's Court, and Meijer Corporate Headquarters. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Millennium Park and DeltaPlex Arena and Conference Center.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
Top places to visit outside the city include John Ball Zoo, located 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Gerald R. Ford Museum, which is 5.3 mi/8.5 km away.
Dressing for Walker
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Walker gets about 38.27 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F