Visiting Lake Elsinore
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lake Elsinore, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. Quaint and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its sporting events and shopping. Top sights around the area include March Field Air Museum and Citrus State Historic Park.
- You'll find 157 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Temecula
- The closest major airport is in Murrieta, CA (RBK-French Valley), 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Elsinore
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Lakepoint Park. While baseball fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at Lake Elsinore Diamond Stadium. Additionally, you might want to add Lake Elsinore City Hall to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Lake Elsinore. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Lake Elsinore Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Lake Elsinore - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Quality Inn Lake Elsinore I-15 - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include March Field Air Museum, located 16.8 mi (27.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Citrus State Historic Park, which is 17.6 mi (28.4 km) away.
Dressing for Lake Elsinore
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 95°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 99°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Average annual rainfall for Lake Elsinore is 11.69 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 98°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 39°F