Visiting Fox Lake
Visitors can enjoy all that Fox Lake has to offer including the opera houses, lakeside setting, and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and shopping. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1196 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Kenosha, WI (ENW-Kenosha Regional), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 25.8 mi (41.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fox Lake
Six Flags Great America is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Wilmot Mountain and Volo Auto Museum.
As you start planning your visit to Fox Lake, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 26 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Beautiful Spacious Escape On The Chain O'lakes is 2.8 mi (4.6 km) from the center of Fox Lake. This 3.5-star hotel in Lake Geneva features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Stunning Lake Views, Relaxing Getaway on the Chain O'lakes is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from central Fox Lake. This 3-star resort in Gurnee features 6 indoor pools, a free water park, and a water park. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and comfortable rooms.
- A Diamond in the Rough is located 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the heart of Fox Lake. This 3.5-star condo resort in Lake Geneva features a full-service spa, a golf course, and a water park. Expedia travelers love its central location and room service.
Getting Around Fox Lake
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Fox Lake Station or Fox Lake Engleside Station. Fox Lake might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Fox Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Fox Lake gets about 36.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F