Visiting Round Lake
Visitors can enjoy all that Round Lake has to offer including the shopping and restaurants. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Great America.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Kenosha, WI (ENW-Kenosha Regional), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 19.6 mi (31.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Round Lake
Six Flags Great America is a notable place to visit in the region. You'll also find University Center of Lake County and Volo Auto Museum in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Round Lake, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 43 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hyatt Regency Schaumburg Chicago is located 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the heart of Round Lake. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Schaumburg can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and overall value.
- Motel 6 Prospect Heights, IL is 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from central Round Lake. This 2-star motel in Prospect Heights features free WiFi, free parking, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield is 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the center of Round Lake. This 3.5-star hotel in Deerfield features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. Our customers like its bar and helpful staff.
Getting Around Round Lake
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Round Lake Station or Round Lake Beach Station. Round Lake may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Round Lake
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 16°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Round Lake is 34.09 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F