Visitors to Gananoque are sure to enjoy the local tours, riverfront, and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. A top sight in the area is Boldt Castle.
- You'll find 78 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kingston
- The closest major airport is in Kingston, ON (YGK-Norman Rogers), 22.8 mi (36.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Watertown, NY (ART-Watertown Intl.), 24.1 mi (38.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gananoque
Cultural venues in the city include Arthur Child Heritage Museum, Thousand Islands Playhouse, and Springer Theatre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Confederation Park. Top activities include boating and taking local tours, while Gananoque Municipal Marina is one place to visit.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Gananoque. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Seaway Manor - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- The Woodview Inn - Our customers like the bar and comfortable, quiet rooms at this inn. This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- 1000 Islands Bed and Breakfast Gananoque - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Boldt Castle, located 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Gananoque
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 47°F and the nighttime average to be 8°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 12°F at night
- Gananoque gets about 36.06 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°F