Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hamburg, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its festivals, football games, and shopping. Top sights around the area include New Era Field, Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, and KeyBank Center.
- You'll find 147 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Buffalo
- The closest major airport is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 16 mi (25.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), 27.1 mi (43.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hamburg
Favorite places to visit in the city include Ten Thousand Vines, Buffalo Raceway, and Hamburg Fairgrounds. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hamburg Gaming at the Fairgrounds and South Shore Golf Course.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hamburg. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Buffalo-Hamburg - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hamburg - Our customers like the pool and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn And Suites Hamburg - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include New Era Field, located 4.6 mi (7.5 km) from the city center, and Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens, which is 7.8 mi/12.5 km away.
Dressing for Hamburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Average annual rainfall for Hamburg is 40.47 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 19°F