Visitors can enjoy all that Hidalgo has to offer including the beaches, restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Top sights in the area include La Isla Shopping Mall, Delfines Beach, and El Rey Ruins.
- You'll find 936 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cancun
- The closest major airport is in Cancun, Quintana Roo (CUN-Cancun Intl.), 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hidalgo
Places to visit in the larger region include Gorilax Jungle Park, El Eden Ecological Reserve, and Selvatica Adventure Kingdom. You'll also find Cenote Siete Bocas and Puerto Morelos Adventure in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Hidalgo, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 785 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive is 20 mi (32.1 km) from central Hidalgo. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Avenida Kukulkan can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Marriott Cancun Resort is 20.2 mi (32.6 km) from the center of Hidalgo. This 4.5-star resort in Avenida Kukulkan features a full-service spa, 8 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to public transit.
- The Royal Caribbean - An All Suites Resort is located 19.8 mi (31.9 km) from the heart of Hidalgo. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Avenida Kukulkan can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and proximity to the airport.
Dressing for Hidalgo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 72°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 68°F
- About 50.94 inches of rain falls on Hidalgo each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 68°F