Visiting Oak Park
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Oak Park, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its architecture, cafés, and local tours. Top sights around the area include Willis Tower, Skydeck Ledge, and Wrigley Field.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 8.6 mi (13.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oak Park
Notable city landmarks like Frank Lloyd Wright Historic District and Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ernest Hemingway Museum and House and Unity Temple.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Oak Park. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bishops Hall - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Harvey House Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and room size at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Carleton of Oak Park - This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to see outside the city include Willis Tower, located 8 mi (12.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Skydeck Ledge, which is 8 mi/12.8 km away.
Getting Around Oak Park
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Oak Park is a breeze. Nearby metro stations include Oak Park Station, Ridgeland Station, and Harlem-Lake Station. If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Oak Park Station.
Dressing for Oak Park
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Oak Park is 39.02 inches
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F