Visiting North Riverside
Visitors can enjoy all that North Riverside has to offer including the riverfront, restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests. Top sights around the area include Willis Tower, Skydeck Ledge, and McCormick Place.
- You'll find 1196 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Riverside
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Willis Tower, Skydeck Ledge, and McCormick Place. Additionally, in the area you'll find Millennium Park and John Hancock Center.
As you start planning your visit to North Riverside, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 284 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Congress Plaza Hotel is 10.6 mi (17 km) from central North Riverside. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Chicago can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- Warwick Allerton - Chicago is 11 mi (17.6 km) from the center of North Riverside. This 4-star hotel in Chicago features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar. Our customers like its beach locale.
- Palmer House a Hilton Hotel is located 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the heart of North Riverside. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Chicago can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit.
Top places to visit outside the city include Wrigley Field, 11.2 mi/18 km from the city center, and Brookfield Zoo, which is 0.8 mi/1.3 km away.
Dressing for North Riverside
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- North Riverside gets about 39.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F