Visiting Forest Park
Visitors can enjoy all that Forest Park has to offer including the forests, monuments, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants, festivals, and baseball games. Willis Tower, Skydeck Ledge, and Millennium Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1196 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 8.9 mi (14.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Forest Park
Willis Tower, Skydeck Ledge, and Millennium Park are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Wrigley Field and John Hancock Center.
As you plan your vacation to Forest Park, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 528 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Pristine West Suburbs House 15 Minutes to Chicago Downtown is located 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from the heart of Forest Park. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Chicago can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- Congress Plaza Hotel is 10 mi (16.1 km) from the center of Forest Park. This 4-star hotel in Chicago features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar. Our customers like its beach locale.
- Warwick Allerton - Chicago is 10.2 mi (16.4 km) from central Forest Park. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Chicago can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit.
Outside the city, popular places to see include McCormick Place, 10.3 mi/16.5 km from the city center, and Brookfield Zoo, which is 2.2 mi (3.5 km) away.
Getting Around Forest Park
Head to Forest Park Transit Center to catch metro. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Forest Park
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 19°F at night
- About 39.02 inches of rain falls on Forest Park each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F