Travelers to Awendaw will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 1004 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Charleston, SC (CHS-Charleston Intl.), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Awendaw
Places to visit in the larger region include Dunes West Golf and River Club, Charleston National Golf Club, and Blackbeard's Cove Family Fun Park. In the area, you'll also find Palmetto Islands County Park and Charles Pinckney National Historic Site.
As you plan your trip to Awendaw, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 1004 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- The Francis Marion Hotel is 24.3 mi (39.1 km) from central Awendaw. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Charleston can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Belmond Charleston Place is 24.4 mi (39.2 km) from the center of Awendaw. This 5-star hotel in Charleston features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- The Mills House Wyndham Grand Hotel is located 24.5 mi (39.4 km) from the heart of Awendaw. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Charleston can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight outside the city is USS Yorktown, located 22.9 mi (36.9 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Awendaw
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 82°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Awendaw gets about 49.76 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 38°F