Visitors can enjoy all that Irving has to offer including the parks and beaches. There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Jamestown, NY (JHW-Chautauqua County), 30.2 mi (48.6 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 30.6 mi (49.3 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Irving
A favorite place to visit in the city is Evangola State Park. You'll also find Wendt Beach Park and Merritt Estate Winery in the area.
As you plan your trip to Irving, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 37 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Charming Cottage With Private Beach is located 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the heart of Irving. This 2-star hotel in Hamburg features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Hamburg is 16.4 mi (26.3 km) from central Irving. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Lackawanna can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- Inn at The Outer Harbor is 20.7 mi (33.4 km) from the center of Irving. This 2-star motel in Hamburg features free WiFi, free parking, and a snack bar/deli. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and WiFi.
Dressing for Irving
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 22°F at night
- About 37.91 inches of rain falls on Irving each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 20°F