Visiting Garden Grove
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Garden Grove, and visitors give high marks for the theme park, beautiful gardens, and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and bars. Top sights around the area include Disney California Adventure® Park, Disneyland®, and Knott's Berry Farm.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodations in Garden Grove
- The closest major airport is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 8.6 mi (13.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Garden Grove
The city's cultural venues include Gem Theatre and Festival Amphitheatre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Garden Grove Park and Twin Lakes Recreation Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Disney California Adventure® Park and Disneyland®.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Garden Grove. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Great Wolf Lodge Anaheim, CA - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Anaheim Resort can enjoy access to a water park and 5 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Residence Inn By Marriott Anaheim Resort Area - Our customers love the dining options and local sightseeing at this aparthotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star aparthotel in Anaheim Resort can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hyatt Regency Orange County - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Anaheim Resort can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Top places to see around the area include Knott's Berry Farm, located 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Huntington State Beach, which is 9.9 mi/15.9 km away.
Dressing for Garden Grove
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- About 12.68 inches of rain falls on Garden Grove each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 48°F