Visiting Mount Hood
Visitors can enjoy all that Mount Hood has to offer including its ski areas. In Mount Hood, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.), 47.6 mi (76.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Hood
A favorite place to visit in the city is Cooper Spur Ski Area. Additionally, you'll find Mount Hood Meadows and Timberline Lodge Ski Area in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Cooper Spur Mountain Resort - Amenities at this resort include ski slopes and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mount Hood
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 43°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 25°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 59°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- About 87.28 inches of rain falls on Mount Hood each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 68°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F