Visiting North Rim
Visitors can enjoy all that North Rim has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and parks. Hopi Point, Pima Point, and Mather Point are some of the top sights around the area. There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in North Rim
The city's natural beauty is on display at North Kaibab Trailhead, Grand Canyon North Rim Visitor Center, and Roaring Springs Canyon. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Point Imperial and Cape Royal.
As you start planning for your getaway to North Rim, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 7 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim is 11 mi (17.7 km) from central North Rim. This 3-star lodge in North Rim features a restaurant, laundry facilities, and a 24-hour front desk.
- Red Feather Lodge is 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the center of North Rim. This 3-star hotel in Grand Canyon features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Yavapai Lodge - Inside the Park is located 20.3 mi (32.6 km) from the heart of North Rim. This 2-star hotel in Grand Canyon features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and central location.
Top places to see outside the city include Grand Canyon National Park, 20.4 mi/32.8 km from the city center, and Hopi Point, which is 19 mi (30.5 km) away.
Dressing for North Rim
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 11°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- North Rim gets about 16.10 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 13°F