Visitors to Hopkins are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 332 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Kalamazoo, MI (AZO-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek Intl.), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Hopkins
Places to visit in the larger region include Dumont Lake Park, Gun Lake Casino, and Diamond Springs Golf Course. You'll also find Regent Theatre and Griswold Auditorium in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Hopkins, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 332 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Hidden Ridge RV Resort is located 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the heart of Hopkins. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Hopkins can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport is 22.2 mi (35.7 km) from the center of Hopkins. This 3-star hotel in Grand Rapids features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- The Saugatuck Retro Resort Motel is 20.6 mi (33.1 km) from central Hopkins. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Saugatuck can enjoy access to free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Hopkins
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Hopkins gets about 38.27 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F