Find Hotels in London
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 26, 2020
Where to stay in London
London City Centre
5/5Exceptional!(33 area reviews)
Iconic landmarks, a world-famous theater district, lively nightlife zones and superb shopping and art museums await in the heart of England’s capital city.
4/5Very Good!(168 area reviews)
Wander around London’s financial district in the scenic docklands with the tallest skyscrapers in the city. They are home to some of the world’s biggest companies.
Get lost in the cobblestoned labyrinth of boutiques and bars, or simply find a spot to enjoy the street performers in one of London’s most entertaining districts.
Find some of London’s best shopping, famous auction houses and five-star hotels in this London neighborhood surrounded by pretty parks.
4.5/5Wonderful!(2,799 area reviews)
Relax in the stunning park with a view of the palace, explore the upscale high street and visit the galleries and museums of this affluent neighborhood.
History buffs will enjoy exploring London, and visitors give high marks for the popular theater scene, fascinating museums, and interesting architecture. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its art, monuments, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Nelson's Column, Trafalgar Square, and National Gallery.
- There are 11797 hotels and other accommodations in London
- The closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City), 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 14.1 mi (22.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in London
Known for its theaters, museums, and art, the city's cultural venues include National Gallery, London Coliseum, and Her Majesty's Theatre. Attractions like Coca-Cola London Eye, Sea Life London Aquarium, and BT Tower are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Nelson's Column, Trafalgar Square, and St. Martin-in-the-Fields.
In London, you'll find 11797 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Croham Park Bed & Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast in Croham features free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Parklands B&B - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast is a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Ham Yard Hotel, Firmdale Hotels - This 5-star hotel in London City Centre features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a fitness center. Expedia customers love its room size and surrounding nightlife.
Other favorite sights in London include Leicester Square, The Strand, and Piccadilly Circus. Outside the city, popular places to see include Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, 17.6 mi/28.4 km from the heart of the city, and Bluewater Shopping Centre, which is 17.8 mi (28.6 km) away.
Getting Around London
With so many transportation options, exploring all of London is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Charing Cross Underground Station, Embankment Station, and Leicester Square Underground Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from London Charing Cross Station, London Waterloo Station, or London Waterloo East Station.
Dressing for London
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 23.30 inches of rain falls on London each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in London?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in London, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to London?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in London?
What's the best place to stay in Kings Cross St. Pancras?
What's a favorite place to stay in Paddington?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation in London?
What's the best accommodation for couples in London?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in London?
What's the best hotel to stay close to O2 Arena?
What about the best place to stay near Hyde Park?
Recent reviews of London hotels
More trip options
- London Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near London Airports
- Hotels in London Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular London Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in London
- More Hotel Options in London
- London Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in England
- Other Hotels near London, England
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends