Visitors to Northridge are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, coffeehouses, and basketball games. Top sights around the area include J. Paul Getty Museum, Universal Studios Hollywood®, and Warner Brothers Studio.
- You'll find 2709 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Van Nuys, CA (VNY), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Burbank, CA (BUR-Bob Hope), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Northridge
The university setting is a highlight of the city and California State University-Northridge is worth a campus tour. Additionally, in the area you'll find J. Paul Getty Museum and Universal Studios Hollywood®.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Northridge - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and overall condition.
Top places to visit around the area include Warner Brothers Studio, located 12.7 mi (20.5 km) from the city center, and Six Flags Magic Mountain, which is 13.2 mi/21.2 km away.
Dressing for Northridge
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 44°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 43°F as the nighttime average
- Northridge gets about 12.44 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F