Visiting Point Pleasant - Toms River
Travelers to Point Pleasant - Toms River give high marks for the beaches and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's baseball games and aquarium. Top sights in the city include Seaside Heights Beach, Ortley Beach, and Jenkinson's Boardwalk.
- There are 478 hotels and other accommodations in Point Pleasant - Toms River
- The closest major airport is in Belmar, NJ (BLM-Monmouth Executive), 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlantic City, NJ (ACY-Atlantic City Intl.), 39.7 mi (63.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Point Pleasant - Toms River
Cultural venues in the city include Knuckleheads Comedy Club, Surflight Theatre, and Ocean County Historical Museum. Attractions like Jenkinson's Boardwalk, Casino Pier, and Jenkinson’s Aquarium are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Barnegat Lighthouse, Insectropolis, and Sea Girt Lighthouse.
In Point Pleasant - Toms River, there are 478 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Tower Cottage Luxury Inn - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features a full-service spa, a private beach, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Beacon House - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- J.D. Thompson Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other favorite sights in Point Pleasant - Toms River include Seaside Heights Beach, Ortley Beach, and Belmar Beach and Boardwalk. Outside the city, top places to visit include Six Flags Great Adventure, 21.2 mi/34.1 km from the heart of the city, and Asbury Park Boardwalk, which is 22.2 mi (35.8 km) away.
Dressing for Point Pleasant - Toms River
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Point Pleasant - Toms River gets about 49.13 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F