Visitors to Dorio are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and restaurants. Villa Melzi, Villa Carlotta, and Villa del Balbianello are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Dorio
- The closest major airport is in Lugano (LUG-Agno), 22.4 mi (36.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Milan (LIN-Linate), 44.8 mi (72 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dorio
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Villa Melzi, Villa Carlotta, and Villa del Balbianello. In the area, you'll also find Piona Beach and Piona Abbey.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Dorio. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Dorio - Amenities at this apartment include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Residence Oasi dei Celti - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this vacation rental. With a stay at this 3-star residence, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
Getting Around Dorio
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Dorio Station. Dorio might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Dorio
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 44°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for Dorio is 1.02 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F