Visiting Muir Beach
Visitors can enjoy all that Muir Beach has to offer including the beaches and forests. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape. Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, and Alcatraz Island are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Muir Beach
- The closest major airport is in Novato, CA (NOT-Gnoss Field), 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 19.9 mi (32 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Muir Beach
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, and Alcatraz Island. Additionally, in the area you'll find Lombard Street and Pier 39.
As you plan your vacation to Muir Beach, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 237 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- The Magical Cottage at Muir Beach is located 0.1 mi (0.1 km) from the heart of Muir Beach. This 3.5-star hotel in San Francisco features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Our customers like its proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms.
- Muir Beach Ocean and Garden Retreat is 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from central Muir Beach. This 4-star hotel in San Francisco features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar. Our customers like its bar and quiet location.
- The Coastal Paradise is 0.1 mi (0.1 km) from the center of Muir Beach. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in San Francisco can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Twin Peaks, 10.4 mi/16.7 km from the heart of the city, and Muir Woods, which is 2.1 mi/3.3 km away.
Dressing for Muir Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 41°F at night
- Muir Beach gets about 47.44 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 42°F