Visiting Stinson Beach
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Stinson Beach, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and coffeehouses. Around the area, top sights include Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, and Alcatraz Island.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodations in Stinson Beach
- The closest major airport is in Novato, CA (NOT-Gnoss Field), 16.4 mi (26.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stinson Beach
Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, and Alcatraz Island are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Lombard Street and Pier 39.
As you start planning your visit to Stinson Beach, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 98 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. These are some places close by where you can stay:
- There are 2 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Bolinas, and sights to visit include Bolinas Museum and Bolinas Beach
- There are 2 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Fairfax, and sights to visit include Peri Park and Fairfax Pavillion
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Twin Peaks, located 16.3 mi (26.2 km) from the city center, and Muir Woods, which is 4.7 mi/7.6 km away.
Dressing for Stinson Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- About 47.44 inches of rain falls on Stinson Beach each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 42°F