Visiting Shelby Farms
Visitors can enjoy all that Shelby Farms has to offer including the lakeside setting and forests. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape. Top sights around the area include Sky Zone, Graceland, and Memphis Zoo.
- There are 300 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Memphis, TN (MEM-Memphis Intl.), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Shelby Farms
A couple of favorite places to visit are Shelby Farms Visitor Center and Battlefront Lasertag and Paintball. In the area, you'll also find Sky Zone and Graceland.
As you start planning your visit to Shelby Farms, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 144 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Gardentree Hotels is 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city's heart. This 2.5-star hotel in Memphis features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- Sonesta ES Suites Memphis is located 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star aparthotel in Memphis can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its overall value and pool.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Memphis Zoo, 9.4 mi/15.1 km from the city center, and Stax Museum of American Soul Music, which is 11.4 mi (18.3 km) away.
Dressing for Shelby Farms
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Shelby Farms gets about 53.66 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 34°F