Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Venice, which is also known for its cafés and live music. This city also attracts tourists with its walkable location. Top sights around the area include Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier, and Sony Pictures Studios.
- You'll find 2644 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Santa Monica, CA (SMO-Santa Monica Municipal), 1.8 mi (3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Venice
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Venice Beach, Muscle Beach Venice, and Venice Beach Boardwalk. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Abbot Kinney Boulevard and Main Street Santa Monica.
In Venice, there are 135 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Boutique 444 - This 3-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and convenient parking.
- Venice Beach Vacation Condos - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this condo. This 4-star condo features free WiFi, parking, and a terrace.
- Hotel Erwin - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and 2 bars, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Top places to visit around the area include Santa Monica Pier, located 2.1 mi (3.5 km) from the city center, and Sony Pictures Studios, which is 4.2 mi/6.7 km away.
Dressing for Venice
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 64°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 51°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- Venice gets about 12.09 inches of rain per year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 51°F