Visiting Marina del Rey
Travelers to Marina del Rey give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its walkable location. Top sights around the area include Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier, and Sony Pictures Studios.
- You'll find 2636 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Santa Monica, CA (SMO-Santa Monica Municipal), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marina del Rey
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Venice Beach, Marina Beach, Mother's Beach, and Venice Beach Boardwalk. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Fisherman's Village, Marina Marketplace, and Abbot Kinney Boulevard. Additionally, you might want to add Venice Fishing Pier to your agenda.
In Marina del Rey, you'll find 64 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Jamaica Bay Inn - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and room service at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Inn at Venice Beach - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Santa Monica Pier, 3.5 mi/5.7 km from the heart of the city, and Sony Pictures Studios, which is 4.1 mi/6.6 km away.
Dressing for Marina del Rey
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 51°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 53°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 51°F
- Marina del Rey gets about 12.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 70°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 51°F