Visitors can enjoy all that Bolinas has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, and Alcatraz Island are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Bolinas
- The closest major airport is in Novato, CA (NOT-Gnoss Field), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 27.6 mi (44.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bolinas
A couple of favorite places to visit are Bolinas Museum and Bolinas Beach. In the area, you'll also find Golden Gate Bridge and Palace of Fine Arts.
As you start planning your visit to Bolinas, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 71 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Spectacular Oceanfront With Unparalleled and Panoramic Views of Crashing Waves is located 1.9 mi (3 km) from the heart of Bolinas. This 3.5-star hotel in San Francisco features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Our customers like its proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms.
- The Bolinas Cottage-just a Minit! is 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the center of Bolinas. This 4-star hotel in San Francisco features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar. Our customers like its bar and quiet location.
- Hotel Whitcomb is 18.8 mi (30.3 km) from central Bolinas. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in San Francisco can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Alcatraz Island, 16.9 mi/27.2 km from the city center, and Muir Woods, which is 7.2 mi (11.5 km) away.
Dressing for Bolinas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 79°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- About 47.44 inches of rain falls on Bolinas each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 42°F