Visiting South Gate
Visitors to South Gate are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, beaches, and opera houses. Top sights around the area include Citadel Outlets, Sony Pictures Studios, and Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- You'll find 2709 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Long Beach, CA (LGB-Long Beach Municipal), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Gate
Citadel Outlets, Sony Pictures Studios, and Hollywood Walk of Fame are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, in the area you'll find Knott's Berry Farm and RMS Queen Mary.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in South Gate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sand's Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham South Gate - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable rooms at this motel. This 2-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- SureStay Hotel by Best Western South Gate - This 2-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and WiFi.
Top places to see around the area include Dolby Theater, 13.5 mi/21.7 km from the city center, and TCL Chinese Theatre, which is 13.5 mi/21.7 km away.
Dressing for South Gate
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- About 14.25 inches of rain falls on South Gate each year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F