Visitors can enjoy all that Glencoe has to offer including the shopping, restaurants, and forests. Around the area, top sights include Wrigley Field, Lincoln Park, and Lincoln Park Zoo.
- You'll find 1200 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive), 7 mi (11.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 13.1 mi (21 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glencoe
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Wrigley Field, Lincoln Park, and Lincoln Park Zoo. Additionally, you'll find Chicago Botanic Garden and Ravinia Pavillion in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Glencoe, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 72 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Congress Plaza Hotel is 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from central Glencoe. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Chicago can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- Warwick Allerton - Chicago is 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from the center of Glencoe. This 4-star hotel in Chicago features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar. Our customers like its beach locale.
- Palmer House a Hilton Hotel is located 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the heart of Glencoe. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Chicago can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit.
Getting Around Glencoe
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Glencoe Station. Glencoe might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Glencoe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- Glencoe gets about 34.49 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 20°F