Visiting Punta Cana
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Punta Cana, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, entertainment choices, and live music scene. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights in the city include Downtown Punta Cana, Punta Cana Beach, and Bavaro Beach.
- There are 1128 hotels and other accommodations in Punta Cana
- The closest major airport is in Punta Cana (PUJ-Punta Cana Intl.), 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in La Romana (LRM-La Romana Intl.), 36.1 mi (58.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Punta Cana
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Aromas Museum. Attractions like Downtown Punta Cana, Dolphin Explorer, and Manati Park Bavaro are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Cueva de Berna, La Altagracia Cathedral, and El Obelisco.
In Punta Cana, you'll be able to select from 1128 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Eden Roc at Cap Cana - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with a private pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
- TRS Turquesa Hotel - Adults Only - All Inclusive - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this property. This 4.5-star property features 5 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach.
- Sensatori Punta Cana, Gourmet All Inclusive by Karisma - This 5-star property features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 7 restaurants. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Other favorite sights in Punta Cana include Punta Cana Beach, Bavaro Beach, and Arena Gorda Beach.
Dressing for Punta Cana
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 77°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Punta Cana gets about 1.81 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 71°F