Visiting Lake Geneva
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lake Geneva, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafés and ski areas. Top sights in the city include Alpine Valley Ski Resort and Alpine Valley Music Theatre.
- There are 119 hotels and other accommodations in Lake Geneva
- The closest major airport is in Kenosha, WI (ENW-Kenosha Regional), 25.8 mi (41.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Waukesha, WI (UES-Waukesha County), 32.4 mi (52.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Geneva
Cultural venues in the city include Alpine Valley Music Theatre, Yerkes Observatory, and Spinning Top and Yo-Yo Museum. Families come for attractions such as Lake Geneva Balloon Company, Lake Geneva Canopy Tours, and Animal Gardens. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Riviera Beach, Big Foot Beach State Park, and Four Seasons Nature Preserve.
In Lake Geneva, you'll be able to select from 119 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Baker House Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Seven Oaks Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub.
- The Geneva Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Lake Geneva include Alpine Valley Ski Resort. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Gurnee Mills, located 28 mi (45.1 km) from the city center, and Six Flags Great America, which is 29.6 mi (47.7 km) away.
Dressing for Lake Geneva
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 12°F at night
- Lake Geneva gets about 33.82 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 13°F