Visiting Palos Heights
Visitors can enjoy all that Palos Heights has to offer including the lakeside setting, churches, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfalls. Top sights around the area include McCormick Place, Toyota Park, and Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre.
- You'll find 1206 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 9.2 mi (14.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Palos Heights
A favorite place to visit in the city is Trinity Christian College. In the area, you'll also find McCormick Place and Toyota Park.
As you make plans for a getaway to Palos Heights, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 74 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Congress Plaza Hotel is 17.2 mi (27.6 km) from central Palos Heights. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Chicago can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- Warwick Allerton - Chicago is located 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the heart of Palos Heights. This 4-star hotel in Chicago features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar. Our customers like its beach locale.
- Palmer House a Hilton Hotel is 17.4 mi (28 km) from the center of Palos Heights. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Chicago can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to public transit.
Top places to visit around the area include Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, located 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the city center, and Brookfield Zoo, which is 12.3 mi/19.8 km away.
Dressing for Palos Heights
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Palos Heights gets about 39.02 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F