Travelers to Akumal give high marks for the beaches, entertainment choices, and seafood restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Tulum Mayan Ruins, Akumal Beach, and Xel-Ha Water Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 292 hotels and other accommodations in Akumal
- The closest major airport is in Cozumel, Quintana Roo (CZM-Cozumel Intl.), 28.3 mi (45.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cancun, Quintana Roo (CUN-Cancun Intl.), 53.8 mi (86.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Akumal
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Akumal Beach, Akumal Ecological Center, and Half Moon Bay. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hekab Be Biblioteca and Aktun Chen.
In Akumal, you'll find 292 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cenote Balam-Ha - With a stay at this 3-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and WiFi.
- Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya All Inclusive - Adults Only - Our customers like the dining options and room size at this resort. With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a winery and 3 outdoor pools, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Anah Suites Tulum - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with in-room LED TVs. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Popular places to visit in the area include Tulum Mayan Ruins, 13.9 mi/22.4 km from the city center, and Xel-Ha Water Park, which is 5.7 mi/9.2 km away.
Dressing for Akumal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 86°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 68°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.65 inches of rain falls on Akumal each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while December and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 68°F