Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Tulum, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include Tulum Mayan Ruins, Tulum National Park, and Xel-Ha Water Park.
- There are 491 hotels and other accommodations in Tulum
- The closest major airport is in Cozumel, Quintana Roo (CZM-Cozumel Intl.), 43.9 mi (70.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tulum
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Tulum Mayan Ruins. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Tulum National Park, Tulum Beach, and Cenote Crystal. Top activities include snorkeling and biking, while Cenotes Sac Actun is one place to visit.
In Tulum, there are 491 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Jashita Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a private beach, and free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Alaya Tulum by Ahau - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Azura Tulum - This 3.5-star aparthotel in Tulum City Center features 2 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers love its pool and central location.
Other top sights in Tulum include Xel-Ha Water Park. Outside the city, top places to visit include Akumal Beach, located 20.1 mi (32.4 km) from the city center, and Xpu-ha Beach, which is 27 mi (43.5 km) away.
Dressing for Tulum
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 86°F and the nighttime average to be 68°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Tulum gets about 1.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are December and March with an average of 68°F