Travelers to Cozumel give high marks for the beaches. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting. Top sights in the city include San Gervasio and Paradise Beach.
- There are 237 hotels and other accommodations in Cozumel
- The closest major airport is in Cozumel, Quintana Roo (CZM-Cozumel Intl.), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cozumel
Attractions like Stingray Beach, Dolphinaris, and Dolphin Discovery are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like San Gervasio, Palacio Municipal, and El Cedral. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Paradise Beach, Punta Morena Beach, and Chen Rio Beach.
In Cozumel, you'll find 237 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Landmark of Cozumel - This 4.5-star condo resort features a marina, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia travelers love its dining options and helpful staff.
- InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort & Spa - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach.
- Hotel Villa Las Anclas - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers love its overall value and quiet location.
Top places to see in the area include Xcaret Eco Theme Park, located 17.1 mi (27.6 km) from the city center, and El Camaleon Golf Club, which is 18.9 mi (30.3 km) away.
Dressing for Cozumel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 68°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 67°F
- About 1.65 inches of rain falls on Cozumel each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 68°F